jueves, 17 de septiembre de 2020

ADJETIVES AND PREPOSITION

nice / kind / good / stupid / silly / intelligent / clever / sensible / (im)polite rude / unreasonable OF someone (to do something)

Thank you it was very nice / kind of you to help me. It's stupid of her to go out without a coat.

nice / kind / good / (im)polite / rude / (un)pleasant / (un)friendly / cruel TO someone
She has always been very nice / kind to me. Why are you so rude / unfriendly to Ann?

angry / furious ABOUT something / WITH someone / FOR something
Why are you so angry about it? They were furious with me for not inviting them to my party.

pleased / disappointed / satisfied WITH something
I was pleased with the present you gave me. Were you disappointed with your examination results?

bored / fed up WITH something
You get bored / fed up with doing the same thing every day.

surprised / shocked / amazed / astonished AT / BY something
Everyone was surprised by /at the news.

excited / worried / upset ABOUT something
Are you excited about going on holiday next week?

afraid / scared / frightened / terrified OF someone / something
Are you afraid of dogs?

proud / ashamed  OF someone / something
I'm not ashamed of what I did.

good / bad / excellent / brilliant / hopeless AT (doing) something
I'm not very good at repairing things.

married TO someone (Linda is married to an American.)

sorry ABOUT something (I'm sorry about the noise last night.)

sorry FOR doing something (I'm sorry for shouting at you yesterday.)

be / feel sorry FOR someone (I feel sorry for George.)

famous FOR something (Florence is famous for its art treasures.)

responsible FOR something (Who was responsible for this noise last night?)

interested IN something (Are you interested in art?)

full OF something (The letter was full of mistakes.)

short OF something (I'm a bit short of money.)

keen ON something (We stayed at home because Mary wasn't very keen on going out in the rain.)

similar TO something (Your writing is similar to mine.)

crowded WITH (people,...) (The city was crowded with tourists.)



1. I'm angry -- him for telling lies about me.
2. Are you afraid -- him?
3. Rome is famous --  its historical monuments.
4. He is married - -  his sister.
5. It's very nice  - - you to lend me your car.
6. Why are you always so rude - - your parents?
7. It wasn't very polite  - - him to leave without saying thank you.
8. I can't understand people who are cruel - -  animals.
9. I have to stop to talk to you. I'm a bit short - - time.
10. Are you interested - - football?
11. Your shoes are similar --  mine, but they are not exactly the same.
12. We've got enough to eat. The fridge is full - - food.
13. It would be clever - -   her to study more for the next test.
14. He said he was sorry - - the situation, but there was nothing he could do.
15. He is good -- playing chess.

1. I'm angry WITH him for telling lies about me.
2. Are you afraid OF him?
3. Rome is famous FOR its historical monuments.
4. He is married TO his sister.
5. It's very nice OF you to lend me your car.
6. Why are you always so rude TO your parents?
7. It wasn't very polite OF him to leave without saying thank you.
8. I can't understand people who are cruel TO animals.
9. I have to stop to talk to you. I'm a bit short OF time.
10. Are you interested IN football?
11. Your shoes are similar TO mine, but they are not exactly the same.
12. We've got enough to eat. The fridge is full OF food.
13. It would be clever OF her to study more for the next test.
14. He said he was sorry FOR the situation, but there was nothing he could do.
15. He is good AT playing chess.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario